sub-second reasoning possible?

jritch33
Hello,

I am finding that as the number of equivalency classes and the number of individuals increases in my ontology my reasoning speed has dipped significantly when I call sync_reasoner(). I am wondering what options are available to me to speed up the reasoner?

The best possible solution I can think of would be to break my ontology into worlds and write to a sql file but I am not a hundred percent sure that will do the job. It would be a significant enough refactor I wanted to reach out first.

I need to be able to handle significant traffic and in order to do that I have to be able to reason much faster. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jordon

Re: sub-second reasoning possible?

Reasoning time is a common problem with ontologies, and there is no perfect solution...

The common trick consists in using more simpler OWL profile : to reduce the diversity of OWL constructors in order to simplify the underlying description logic and the reasoning.

Another solution (not yet implemented in Owlready) would be to pre-classify part of the ontology, in order to have only new part classified.

Best regards,
Jiba