python alias for property replaces original name?

python alias for property replaces original name?

Mark L.
Hello,

I've discovered python aliases for properties in owlready.  I'm wondering, is creating an alias supposed to replace the original name?  Looks like that's what's happening. It would be nice to be able to access the property with both the original name and alias, otherwise we'll have to keep track of which properties are aliased and which aren't.  No big deal, but I'm wondering if that's by design.  Here's what I mean in code. 'sns' is a namespace.

Re: python alias for property replaces original name?

Mark L.
I do know that the original name still works to retrieve the entity from the namespace (e.g. 'sns.R9IgxaUmsh4tLqmL9TywdyC' would still work after aliasing).  It's just when trying to retrieve that property as an attribute from an entity class that the original name fails (e.g. 'sns.owlready_test_class.R9IgxaUmsh4tLqmL9TywdyC').