Working with SOSA ONTOLOGY, problem with namespaces
Hi, I am not experienced working with ontologies, I am trying to follow the tutorial from the book (Ontologies with Python) to populate an ontologies with a csv and it works with the example in the book, but then I tried to populate SOSA ontology (https://www.w3.org/ns/sosa/) I transformed it to rdf/xml and this one class I populated
This is the code. I am using the namespace to access properties
the saved individuals look like this:
The problem is that when I tried to show the information of the properties using other example of the book, it just shows an empty list even when I see that the information is there. I think is because of the namespaces, but I have no idea how to fixit, I´ve tried to use the namespace but I got an error
how it shows
I think when I saved the individuals no longer uses the whole uri, just the abreviature, I don't know if has something to do with that.
* Entities are defined with just their name, e.g. "<owl:Class rdf:about="Observation">". The resulting IRI is obtained by combining the ontology IRI with the name, leading to "http://www.w3.org/ns/Observation" (notice the absence of "/sosa" in the IRI, caused by the absence of a / to separate the ontology IRI and the name)
* Entities are then referred as e.g. sosa:Observation, corresponding to the IRI "http://www.w3.org/ns/sosa/Observation", which is NOT the IRI that was used to define them. Consequently, the class, properties, etc are not well referenced. If you open you ontology in Protégé, you will see 2 distinct Observation classes.