Which human readable syntax

jfd

Which human readable syntax

jfd
What is the preferred Owl syntax for human readability and concision ?

Re: Which human readable syntax

There are MANY syntaxes and languages... Personnally, I tend to favor RDF/XML, but this is a very debatable question!

Jiba
rdk

Re: Which human readable syntax

rdk
The best suited for human readability is probably the Manchester Syntax: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-216/submission_9.pdf

After that, I would go to Notation3 (n3) and its subset Turtle (ttl).
Turtle was published as a W3C Recommendation in early 2014: https://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/

Then you have N-Triples (nt), a subset of Turtle (and therefore Notation3): https://www.w3.org/TR/n-triples/
N-Triples was also published as a W3C Recommendation in early 2014, alongside Turtle, and is the only one from the list above supported by Owlready2.
Both Notation3 and Turtle are readable by RDFLib, which you can use as an interface to parse ontologies into one of the formats supported by Owlready2.

Note that Notation3 can also be used to express rules (Notation3 Logic), which can be used in reasoners like CWM or EYE.