What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

Moslem
What is host , user and password  in connect to umls in the pymedtermino2 to below instruction?

" connect_to_umls_db(host, user, password, database_name = "umls", encoding = "latin1") "

Re: What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

connect_to_umls_db() is in PyMedTermino 1. PyMedTermino 1 requires to setup a UMLS database server, and username and password are the identifiers to connect to this database.

On the contrary, PyMedTermino 2/ Owlready do not use an external server, it directly import UMLS data. You don't need connect_to_umls_db(), username or password.

Re: What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

Moslem
This post was updated on .
hi
Thank you for your reply
I use the pymedtermino1 version and I do not know exactly what to use instead of my username, password and host. This is while I am registered on the UMLS site.
Can you guide me what to use for my username, password and host?
  Thank you for your help

Re: What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

In PyMedTermino 1, host is the address of the computer that hosts the UMLS MySQL database server (e.g. localhost if you installed it locally). username and password are the login/password for connecting to MySQL. It depends on how you installed that server (see the populate_mysql scripts in UMLS).

Re: What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

Moslem
I can not find " populate_mysql " file.
 Where do I find this file?
I recently started working with UMLS

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 3:44 PM Jiba [via Owlready] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

In PyMedTermino 1, host is the address of the computer that hosts the UMLS MySQL database server (e.g. localhost if you installed it locally). username and password are the login/password for connecting to MySQL. It depends on how you installed that server (see the populate_mysql scripts in UMLS).

http://owlready.8326.n8.nabble.com/What-is-username-password-and-host-in-connect-to-umls-in-pymedtermino2-tp1072p1091.html
To unsubscribe from What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?, click here.
NAML

Re: What is username,password and host in connect to umls in pymedtermino2?

You can find it in UMLS archive, in the /2018AB-full/mmsys.zip subarchive and then in the
 /config/2018AB/DB_ORF/Mysql5.6/ directory.