Reading SNOMED CT

fengbozheng
Hi,

I encountered a problem when I try to read the OWL file of the SNOMED CT.
Following the instruction of the SNOMED CT toolkit (https://github.com/IHTSDO/snomed-owl-toolkit), I converted SNOMED CT to OWL file.

The first problem is that the converted OWL file is using OWL Functional Syntax, so I further save the ontology as OWL/XML Syntax.

But when I read the file using "get_ontology", it returns this error:
AttributeError: 'python_name' property is not defined.

I'm not sure if this is because in current SNOMED CT, the properties are also taken/included as concepts.
Do you have any solution?

Thanks,
Fengbo

Re: Reading SNOMED CT

With Owlready, a property cannot be a concept, and vice-versa.

I think the best solution would be to preprocess the OWL file to remove the declaration of those concepts.

Jiba