PyMedTermino2: CUIs are all children of the root node

PyMedTermino2: CUIs are all children of the root node

anthropomorphism
If I load the CUI resource get_ontology("CUI")

from owlready2 import *
default_world.set_backend(filename = "/data/username/pymedtermino.sqlite3")
PYM = get_ontology("http://PYM/").load()
CUI = PYM["CUI"]
print(CUI)                    # prints:    PYM["CUI"] # UMLS unified concepts (CUI)
print(len(CUI.children))      # prints:    372154

all the nodes are children of the root node; there isn't any structure there. Is that the idea (i.e., that CUI is terminology-only), and if so, in which ontology does the UMLS semantic network reside?

Re: PyMedTermino2: CUIs are all children of the root node

You are right, CUI are a flat list currently. I've changed that in the development version, in order to hierarchize them according to Semantic Types / TUI.

Bests,

Re: PyMedTermino2: CUIs are all children of the root node

anthropomorphism
Thanks, much appreciated! Will the UMLS semantic network be available in full to reason over, or just the is-a hierarchy?

Re: PyMedTermino2: CUIs are all children of the root node

Currently, I have only the hierarchy... I even cannot manage to get the label properly, it seems that they are missing in the UMLS data file :-

Jiba