Importing a regional SNOMED-CT file

anthropomorphism
Are there methods to read a regional/international SNOMED-CT file, as I think there were in pre-owlready versions of PyMedTermino? I'm referring here to the versions available via https://mlds.ihtsdotools.org .

I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong!) that these are included within the UMLS releases (only the US version is, I think?).

Re: Importing a regional SNOMED-CT file

I'm sorry, Owlready2 currently only support the importation of the data from UMLS. (Actually there is no regional version for my country, France).

Re: Importing a regional SNOMED-CT file

anthropomorphism
Ah, I'm in Belgium, where there's one covering French and Dutch terms. Do you happen to know of a useful library that will convert the regional SNOMED-CT file to OWL format?

Re: Importing a regional SNOMED-CT file

No, sorry. I have no useful information on these regional files :-(

Re: Importing a regional SNOMED-CT file

anthropomorphism
For anyone else finding this thread, teh solution was:

Use https://github.com/IHTSDO/snomed-owl-toolkit to combine the Snomed-CT international edition and the desired regional file(s)

Use Protege to convert the resulting Owl file to rdf/xml

On doing this there's an issue with getting owlready2 to read the resulting structure: https://github.com/IHTSDO/snomed-owl-toolkit/issues/49 - I've opened a separate thread on that one. http://owlready.306.s1.nabble.com/Snomed-and-punning-td2800.html