Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

Jean

1) I tested the reasoner sync_reasoner() (HermiT) with the code described in "Owlready Documentation" (1.0) "1.8.2 Setting up everything". But, I still get this exception:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe7 in position 720: invalid continuation byte
 Has anyone ever solved this problem?

2) I updated Owlready (0.10 > 0.11) and I tested the same code with sync_reasoner_pellet(). Everything worked well, but  in this example ("1.8.4 Results of the automatic classification"), drug1, drug2 and drug3 Classes have not changed!

Thanks for your feedback.
Jean.

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

Ithink those problem might be related to your configuration. Can you give me the version of Python and Java you are using ?

Could you also give me the entire traceback for the UnicodeDecodeError obtained with HermiT ?

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste Lamy

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

Jean
Hi,

Here are the versions of Python and Java:

Python 3.6.6 :: Anaconda custom (64-bit)

java version "1.8.0_181"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

I put a screenshot of the exception in an attached file.

Thanks .

Jean.

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

For HermiT, it seems that HermiT produced some non-UTF8 characters. Is there such character in you classname?

Could you run the reasoner with the keep_tmp_file = 1 option as follows:

    sync_reasoner(keep_tmp_file = 1)

and send me the generated temporary file ? The name of the file appears at the end of the java command line.

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste Lamy

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

Jean
Hi,
1.
Jiba wrote
For HermiT, it seems that HermiT produced some non-UTF8 characters. Is there such character in you classname?
- There is no such character type, I used the reasoning example of the "Owlready2 Documentation, Release 0.10". The OS is Win. 10 in Portuguese

2. I uploaded the requested temporary file. tmpp21wu4w6.tmpp21wu4w6 [the content is quite different online]. The same file with a.txt extension tmpp21wu4w6.txt

Thanks.
Jean.

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

I think the problem is there:

<http://test.org/onto.owl#clavulanic_acid > <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#NamedIndividual> .

There is a space at the end of "clavulanic_acid", and space is not a valid character in identifiers.

Perhaps you created the individual with a space at the end of its name?

Re: Exceptions Running HermiT and Pellet

Jean
Hi,
Yes, you're right, that's exactly what caused the problem (fig. attached). Now, the reasoner's results match to what is expected.
Thank you.
Jean.