Difference between attribute classes and restrictions

Difference between attribute classes and restrictions

Neha
Hello,

I would like to know the difference between attribute classes and restrictions. Thank you.

Re: Difference between attribute classes and restrictions

Restrictions are OWL constructs that allow to restrict the possible value of a given property for a given class. Owlready permits to access restrictions as class property (e.g. my_class.my_property = [possible_class_of_value]). Class properties are automatically translated by Owlready into restrictions (both read/write). There is no difference between a restriction created in the OWL "normal" way (e.g. my_class.is_a.append(my_property.some(possible_class_of_value)) ) or using a class property as above.

Jiba