Add comment on object property between individuals

Add comment on object property between individuals

jlbellier
Hello everybody

I need to add comments on object properties between individuals. I discovered it was possible using Protege, by doing the following :

1) select the individual (source of the object property)
2) go to 'Property assertions'
3) on the desired object property, click on the icon 'Annotations' and enter you annotation (e.g. a comment)

When I save my file, it gives me something like this : (source_indiv and target_indiv are the source and the target individuals of the object property)

    <owl:Axiom>
        <owl:annotatedSource rdf:resource="<source_indiv_IRI>"/>
        <owl:annotatedProperty rdf:resource="<object_property_IRI>"/>
        <owl:annotatedTarget rdf:resource="<target_indiv_IRI>"/>
        <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"><my_comment></rdfs:comment>
    </owl:Axiom>

Now the questions are to achieve this with   OWLReady2 in Python:

1) How to retrieve this information? I tried the method general_axioms but could not find it. I presume that general axioms are the ones defined on the classes and not the individuals.

2) Is there a way to create such an object ,i.e. Axiom, (like we could create an annotation for an individual), but on an object property between two individuals ?

I had a look on the files provided in OwlReady2 library (individuals.py, annotations.py), but I could not find anything on this subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
Jean-Luc.

Re: Add comment on object property between individuals

Hello,

You can access (read or write) these annotations with the following syntax:

AnnotationClass[source, property, target]

for example:

comment[source_entity, property, target]

It will returns a list with the annotations. This list can be modified to add/remove annotations.

Re: Add comment on object property between individuals

jlbellier
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try it as soon a possible.

Best regards,
Jean-Luc.